Handling of personal information
MG's policy toward personal information protection
MG Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as "MG"), recognizes the protection of personal information as a significant social obligation.
By the term "Personal Information Protection Law" as used herein, we mean to include Japan's Act on Protection of Personal Information (APPI), the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and other applicable data protection laws and regulations.
Collection of personal information
In obtaining personal information, MG clearly indicates the purpose of utilization, and collects the information within the limited scope necessary for the business.
Utilization of personal information
MG does not use personal information for any purpose that goes beyond the scope of consent in collecting the information.
To provide better products and services meeting customers needs, MG utilizes personal information from customers within the following listed scope:
- Sending catalogs, CD-ROMs, DMs and other literature
- Responses to inquiries
- Confirmation of business deals or order information and shipment of products
- Information about questionnaire surveys, gifts, products and services
- Information about exhibitions, seminars, and events
- Marketing or other analysis
- Reporting to the customers cooperating or participating in surveys or various events
- Confirmation of registrants for membership services
- Confirmation or information necessary to provide services required by customers
- Directly asking for customers' requests or opinions about our products or services
- Confirmation in case that the necessity arises to contact customers for other reasons
Management of personal information
MG shall designate the head of the department in charge of general affairs as the personal data management officer.
MG takes efficient safety measures to prevent risks such as unauthorized access to personal information, loss, destruction, falsification or leakage of personal information.
Management of outsourcing companies
In case of consigning the businesses handling personal information to other companies, MG will contract with, guide and supervise the companies appropriately in order to let them observe the utilization, the provision and the safety management of personal information based on the consent of customers in collecting the information.
Provision of personal information to third parties
In principal, MG does not provide personal data to third parties except in the following cases:
- When a customer has given prior consent.
- When an inquiry from a customer is judged appropriate to be responded to by our distributor and therefore MG provides the distributor with the information.
- When MG provides personal information to an outside firm with which a prior consignment contract has been made, in order to provide products or services, run a campaign or offer a prize to customers. Confidentiality and the observation of Personal Information Protection Law shall be explicitly stated in the contract.
- When MG provides our distributors with personal information within the scope of the purpose of utilization, in order to offer better products or services to customers.
- When MG provides financial institutions with necessary information for the settlement of products or services.
- When MG complies with laws and regulations.
Disclosure or correction of personal information
To a reasonable extent and without delay, MG responds to requests from customers for disclosure, correction, alteration of the provision range, or deletion of their own personal information.
- For complaints or other inquiries on the handling of personal information, please contact us using the details below:
- MG Co., Ltd.
- Human Resources and General Affairs Department
- 13F, Tradepia Yodoyabashi building, 2-5-8, Imabashi, Chuo-ku, Osaka city, Osaka 541-0042 Japan
- E-mail: email@example.com
- TEL: +81-6-7525-8803
Observation of laws/regulations and review
MG strictly observes laws and regulations applicable to our retained personal information. Also MG will manage and make necessary corrections of personal information for the appropriate utilization of the information, and strives to continuously review and improve our approach to the personal information protection.